How A Visit To A Beautly Shop Killed My Self Esteem - Part 2
If you are a new reader and wondering about Part 1 or need to refresh your memory read here.
We decided yesterday that StudHombre and The Boy needed their wigs chopped. So We head down to the Asian Beauty Salon (different one than I use). I am not on the chopping block so I am feeling relatively safe. That was a mistake.
The very nice stylist calls the boy up to the chair. She asks what I want done to his hair. I tell her his ususal style and clipper setting. She nods and then says "I do you next?"
Um..... well I start thinking - sheesh we come here every 2 weeks since June and I have never gotten my haircut so why would I start today?? But then it hit me. Dear God she thinks I need one. This is what I get for wearing my "mom" uniform. You know. Jeans, t-shirt, hair in ponytail and no make-up.
Conversation goes as follows (remember to insert Kikass Asian Accent):
Stylist - I do you next?
Aynde - No. My husband is next. *smile*
Stylist - Okay. You after husband?
Aynde - Um No thank you. Not today. *oh no...not again!*
Stylist - I can do today!
Aynde - No thanks *self...esteem...slipping...away....*
Stylist - Okay! I wax your eyebrows?
Aynde - Oh well no. Not today! *smile even though I now feel like putting a bag over my head*
Thank God she didn't mention my big hairy moustache. *roll eyes* So once again I fell victim to the Asian Beauty Salon self esteem program. 2 mens hair cut- $10. Self esteem chipped away for free. Damn.
January 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I think they should advertise this service.. it's so...umm...reliable! They do it to us EVERYTIME! Why don't they ever do it to the men? Welcome to Blogger!!
Jean
Dude, I got to go see this lady, I liked mom's do. I am shocked she even got it died a lighter color. I thought it was super hot. But I need to see this lady, theres nothing like a little brutal honesty everyonce in a haircut you know. Hurts to be beautiful, even emotionally.
Dang that's brutal. If I was your husband I would have to drop the "unibrow" or "cousin It" card on you daily.
Hey, at least you got a great hair cut the 1st time.
If you try that beef recipe, don't forget to NOT use green peas. If you can't find pigeon peas (and you might have better luck than I did, considering where you live), try chickpeas.
looks like I'll be in Houston in the next month or two. I may want to find this gal just to look at her and listen to her. No touchy though.
Looking forward to next installment.
Sue
Post a Comment